Tufts teams impressed their fans this winter season, many qualifying for championship titles. Congratulations to all the teams for doing so well and we are excited to see track and field’s ongoing performance as they move outdoors for their spring season. Look out for a special basketball story after the women’s team competes in the finals on Monday.

2/5/16 – Medford/Somerville, MA – Fighting a Hamilton defenseman, Tufts forward Matt Pugh, A17, rapidly changes direction with the puck in the game against Conn. College on Friday, Feb. 5, 2016. (Evan Sayles / The Tufts Daily) (Evan Sayles / The Tufts Daily)

Fighting a Conn. College defenseman, Tufts forward Matt Pugh, A17, rapidly changes direction with the puck in the game on Friday, Feb. 5. Hockey finished the season with a 10-10-6 record after making it to the NESCAC semifinals. (Evan Sayles / The Tufts Daily)

2/20/16 – Medford/Somerville, MA –Tufts tri-captain center Tom Palleschi (LA'17) shoots the ball in a 77-71 win against Williams College in the men's basketball NESCAC Quarterfinals on Feb. 20, 2016. (Sofie Hecht / The Tufts Daily) (Sofie Hecht / The Tufts Daily)

Junior tri-captain center Tom Palleschi (LA’17) shoots the ball in a 77-71 win against Williams College in the men’s basketball NESCAC Quarterfinals on Feb. 20. The Jumbos lost to Amherst Lord Jeffs in the NCAA Championship quarterfinal on March 12. (Sofie Hecht / The Tufts Daily)

“It was awesome…I’ve never seen that many people in our gym. Being able to feed of that energy, we thrive on that.” – Junior tri-captain Tom Palleschi

Fans celebrate the Jumbos' victory in the NCAA Sweet 16 tournament game against Johnson and Wales University on Friday, March 11. (Evan Sayles / The Tufts Daily)

Fans celebrate the Jumbos’ victory in the NCAA Sweet 16 tournament game against Johnson and Wales University on Friday, March 11. (Evan Sayles / The Tufts Daily)

1/23/16 – Medford/Somerville, MA – Tufts first year Colleen Doolan swims butterfly for the Swimming & Diving team as it faces off against Wheaton on Saturday, Jan. 23. (Julia Press / The Tufts Daily) (Julia Press / The Tufts Daily)

First year Colleen Doolan swims butterfly for the swimming & diving team as it faces off against Wheaton on Saturday, Jan. 23. Women’s swimming and diving sent two swimmers to the NCAA Div. III championships on March 19, placing 46th overall. (Julia Press / The Tufts Daily)