This Week in Photos 2/20-2/26

We covered just about everything this week!  From EPIIC to the NESCAC basketball quarterfinals to the Indigenous Peoples’ Day vote, this week had our photographers on their toes.

On Monday we published photos  from the four days of EPIIC, “Europe in Turmoil.”

Caroline Ambros / The Tufts Daily
EU Ambassador to the UN João Vale de Almeida discusses the future of Europe as a part of this year’s EPIIC Symposium in Cabot Hall on Wednesday Feb. 17 (Caroline Ambros / The Tufts Daily).
Karl Kaiser speaks on "The Future of Europe" panel at the Institute for Global Leadership's 31st annual EPIIC International Symposium on "Europe in Turmoil" on Friday, Feb. 19 (Julia Press / The Tufts Daily).
Karl Kaiser speaks on “The Future of Europe” panel at the Institute for Global Leadership’s 31st annual EPIIC International Symposium on “Europe in Turmoil” on Friday, Feb. 19 (Julia Press / The Tufts Daily).

Meanwhile, on Saturday, Sofie Hecht and Ray Bernoff snagged some shots of the men’s basketball NESCAC quarterfinals against Williams and the women’s basketball NESCAC quarterfinals against Middlebury.

–Tufts tri-captain center Tom Palleschi (LA'17) shoots the ball in a 77-71 win against Williams College in the men's basketball NESCAC Quarterfinals on Feb. 20, 2016 (Sofie Hecht / The Tufts Daily).
–Tufts tri-captain center Tom Palleschi (LA’17) shoots the ball in a 77-71 win against Williams College in the men’s basketball NESCAC Quarterfinals on Feb. 20, 2016 (Sofie Hecht / The Tufts Daily).
Tufts Guard Josie Lee (LA'17) dribbles the ball against a Middlebury College defender in the NESCAC women's basketball Quarterfinals on Feb. 20. Tufts won with a 68-36 final score (Ray Bernoff / The Tufts Daily).
Tufts Guard Josie Lee (LA’17) dribbles the ball against a Middlebury College defender in the NESCAC women’s basketball Quarterfinals on Feb. 20. Tufts won with a 68-36 final score (Ray Bernoff / The Tufts Daily).

Last but not least was the near unanimous faculty vote to change Columbus Day to Indigenous Peoples’ Day on the university calendar.

Students in support of changing Columbus Day to Indigenous Peoples' Day on the Tufts Unviersity calendar gathered outside of Ballou Hall on Feb. 24 while faculty voted on proposed change (Alex Knapp / The Tufts Daily).
Students in support of changing Columbus Day to Indigenous Peoples’ Day on the Tufts Unviersity calendar gathered outside of Ballou Hall on Feb. 24 while faculty voted on proposed change (Alex Knapp / The Tufts Daily).
Student organizers celebrate the news that the faculty voted yes on the change (Alex Knapp / The Tufts Daily).